Friday, June 19 at 6 p.m., 89.1 WBOI and Classical 94.1 WBNI will host their 6th annual Picked by the Pros Wine Pairing Dinner at the Bergstaff Place (2020 E. Washington Blvd) to benefit the Northeast Indiana Public Radio!
What exactly does this wine pairing dinner entail? As you would imagine, there will be wine and dinner. But there’s even more to it than that. To begin the night, you will sample nearly 45 different wines from eight area wineries and distributors from 6 – 7:30 p.m. provided by WineTime, a local wine store.
Then, after the tasting, you’ll indulge in a gourmet six-course dinner specially selected and prepared to compliment the wine it is paired with, selected by Dan and Krista Stockman, seven-year-writers of a weekly wine column in the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette and owners of Cheers! Wine Consultants.
During the event, you will also partake in a live and silent auction. The silent auction offers 30 items, including art, jewelry and wine. Live auction items include an Instant Wine Cellar with a dozen bottles of wine and a package to recreate the 6th Annual Wine Pairing Dinner in your own home led by Dan and Krista.
“There’s a reason wine lovers rave about food and wine pairings. It’s not always easy to find that perfect match, but when it comes together, it’s magical,” says Krista Stockman.
Interested in learning more about wines and enhancing your experience? Northeast Indiana Public Radio has some tips for you:
- If you’re usually a white wine drinker, consider sampling only red wines during the tasting.
- Be adventurous. Try wines you have never before heard of or seen on store shelves.
- Pick one grape. For instance, if you like Pinot Noir (or if you want to like Pinot Noir because it sounds cool), try all the Pinot Noir offered.
- Pick a region. France, Italy, South America, California – pick one and stick with it.
- Find your favorites. Visit the tables and sample whatever strikes your fancy.
This dinner is the perfect opportunity to support local radio and experience excellent wine pairing! Whether you’re a beginner or a wine aficionado, this event promises a night of delectable wines and their respective tastes for a good cause.
Tickets are $125 per person or $800 for a table of eight. Make your reservations and purchase tickets on the website or by phone at (260) 452-1189.