Fort Wayne in 2017 was full of intriguing stories from new dining options to familiar festivals to people who make you think, laugh or both. Living Fort Wayne set several new readership and social media records, which will go down as the social media hub’s most popular year to date.
Take a look at our top posts LFW readers loved the most this year as we switch to my “imaginary radio DJ countdown voice!”
Starting us off at number five – a ZIP code experiencing a renaissance in Fort Wayne is 46807 (or the ’07). Our popular “Food & Drink” writer Reneta Thurairatnam took a look at 07 Pub – your new favorite place to hang out. Have you been there yet to hang out?
Great new things in our area aren’t just within Fort Wayne’s city limits! Writer and photographer Ashley Clauss gave us an inside look at one of the area’s trendiest home decor boutiques. This boutique is located in – surprise – Leo-Cedarville! Take a gander at Ashley’s aesthetically-pleasing writing and photography in our number four post of the year, Abode: A Trendy Home Boutique in Leo?!
We started off 2017 with a bang with Reneta’s hot scoop on Umi – a new sushi restaurant located in southwest Fort Wayne. That helped make January 2nd one of our most popular days ever and this post our third most popular post of the year!
Each year our leadership team eagerly awaits our annual “pumpkin patch” readership bump. Or maybe it’s just me? This year was no different as pumpkin patches and fall fun ruled our autumn nights and finished number two for the year. Look for our 2018 edition in September.
It may be freezing cold in Fort Wayne to close out 2017, but our hottest post of the year is all about ice cream. Just Cream is an ice cream boutique on the north side of the city located on Dupont Road. This piece was authored (once again) by Reneta, our venerable “Food & Drink” writer. Fort Wayne folks really love their ice cream!
Top Posts – Five Honorable Mentions (from 2017)
- Tesla Supercharger Station Comes to Town
- Ryu’s Kitchen – Creating a Unique Food Experience
- Banh Mi Pho Shop- Your New Fave Ramen Spot in the Fort!
- Entrepreneurship Spotlight: Hyde + Alchemy
- Fort Wayne Food Tour – Eat, Walk, Enjoy!
Some Popular Favorites (from 2012-16)
- Rivers Relaxation: A New Way to De-Stress in Fort Wayne (April 2016)
- LFW’s Top Picks for First Date Activities (October 2015)
- LFW’s Top Picks for Best Breakfast/Brunch Spots (February 2016)
- The Crossing, Redeeming Struggling Students (November 2015)
- Healthy Grocery Stores in Fort Wayne (November 2016)
What you just read from LFW would not have been possible without these groups of people:
- Story subjects that are adding to the fabric of our community.
- Support from Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana (YLNI).
- Current contributors from committee leaders to writers.
- Past leaders and contributors who set this team up for success from their past success.
- And readers who take time out of the day to read material produced by this locally-sourced team.
Edited December 30, 2017