What is the Emerging Leaders Alliance (ELA)?
The ELA is a small group of emerging leaders making a big regional impact. With the mission to create opportunities for action, growth and regional pride, the ELA is full of visionary and proactive young professionals working together to advance northeast Indiana.
What are the benefits of being a member?
- Have a voice – Established leaders recognize the unique perspective and input of young professionals as critical to the development of the region. The ELA serves as an advisory council to the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership and has two votes on the Regional Opportunities Council.
- Vision 2030 involvement – Spearheaded by the Regional Partnership, Vision 2030 works to accomplish three regional goals by the year 2030:
- Increase PCPI annually against the national average
- Increase the population to 1 million residents
- Increase post-secondary educational attainment to more than 60%
To move the needle on these goals, three committees were formed to focus and take action on business attraction, talent attraction and talent development initiatives. ELA members have the opportunity to serve on these committees alongside influential business and community leaders.
- Professional development – Primary focuses of the the group include personal and professional growth. The ELA understands building up the region also means building themselves up as leaders. For this reason, books clubs, Gallup strengths training and networking events are all on the agenda.
How can you get involved?
The ELA is currently accepting applications for diverse, eager and engaged young individuals. If you or someone you know would enjoy being a part of this vibrant and forward thinking group, check out the ELA webpage and send in your application.