Education doesn’t always end after high school or even college. Even though life often takes us by the hand and drags us in directions we don’t expect, we have control over bettering ourselves for the sake of our career and personal development. One way you can do this is through online education. Online education is great for working parents, seasoned professionals, and anyone that is just looking to keep their mind active. If you are in northeast Indiana, you have a variety of local colleges and universities that can guide you to your career and education goals. Whether you are looking into finally get that diploma or going for an advanced degree, these local institutions offer various programs that can help anyone take the next step in bettering their career. While I don’t have the time or space to cover every local college or university, here are a few that are developing easy to use online programs that will get you started on your higher education journey.
Where to get an Online Education in Northeast Indiana?
University of St. Francis
USF is known for excellence in education and community involvement. It is no surprise that the degree programs available for online students are designed for busy individuals that are making the community a better place. According to the university, their online environment enables personal and professional transformation that prepares graduates for challenges in any functional area anywhere in the world.
- The purpose of the RN to BSN program is to allow licensed Registered Nurses with a diploma or Associates Degree to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree.*
- The Department of Education offers both undergraduate and graduate programs leading to teacher licensure in thirteen areas. At the graduate level, the department offers a totally online Master of Arts in Teaching, Transition to Teaching licensure program in secondary education, and Master of Science in Education degree in Special Education. The fully online master’s degree in Special Education offers licensure in Mild Intervention and Intense Intervention. The Education Department, in conjunction with the Psychology Department, also offers an on campus Master of Science in Education degree in School Counseling.*
*Statements from university program descriptions
Indiana Tech has one of the most robust online programs in the area. If you are looking for a buffet of options, they are the school to pursue. Programs heavily represented are business, criminal justice and computer science, which are all great choices if you are planning on building upon your current job skills. Indiana Tech offers degrees of all levels from A.S. to Ph.D.
College of Business:
- Accounting, A.S. and B.S.
- Business Administration – Accounting, MBA
- Business Administration – Entrepreneurial Studies, B.S.
- Business Administration – Business Communications, B.S.
- Business Administration – Financial Services, B.S.
- Business Administration – Health Care Admin, B.S.
- Business Administration –Health Care Management, MBA
- Business Administration –Human Resources, B.S. and MBA
- Business Administration –Management Info. Systems, B.S.
- Business Administration –Management, A.S., B.S. and MBA
- Business Administration – Marketing, B.S. and MBA
- Global Leadership, Ph.D.
- Management, M.S.
- Organizational Leadership, B.S. and M.S.
College of Arts and Sciences
- Child Development, B.S.
- Criminal Justice – Administration, B.S.
- Criminal Justice – Rehabilitative Services, B.S.
- Criminal Justice, A.S. and B.S.
- Emergency Response Management, B.S.
- General Studies, A.S.
- Health Information Management, B.S.
- Health Information Technology, A.S.
- Human Services, B.S.
- Psychology, B.S. and M.S.
College of Engineering
- Engineering Management – Information Systems, M.S.
- Engineering Management, M.S.
College of Computer Sciences
- Cybersecurity, B.S.
- Information Systems, B.S. and B.A.
- Information Technology, A.S.
Want to apply? Visit their online admissions page and fill out an application. If you are looking into pursuing your masters or Ph.D., fill out the graduate application. If you would like more information on the programs or application process, you can contact the Admissions office.
Ivy Tech is known for being an accessible place for a practical education, no matter your schedule. Programs are comparable to other local colleges and universities and they even have a few programs that you won’t find anywhere else. If you are hoping to get a degree entirely online, here are the programs to consider:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Cyber Security/Information Assurance
- Database Management and Administration
- General Education Transfer Core
- General Studies
- Information Technology Support
- Library Technical Assistant
- Manufacturing Production and Operations (MPRO)
- Office Administration
- Software Development
- Supply Chain Management/Logistics