Did you know that National Insurance Awareness Day is observed each year on June 28? This occasion was created as a day to review your insurance coverage and ensure that you are prepared for any of those challenges that life will occasionally throw your way. If you are looking to purchase insurance, review your insurance or learn about your options, northeast Indiana truly has plentiful resources. You can talk to local agents from well established-national companies, or you can talk to someone from Hoosier owned and operated companies.
You may be wondering why a topic such as insurance is being covered in a lifestyle publication. That’s easy. Insurance offers security, covering loved ones and recovering losses in the event of damage, illness or death in addition to offering protection over time to our homes and the items that may appreciate within them. What was once worth $100,000.00 a decade ago may be worth much more today. In an unpredictable world, it is nice to know that our assets are safe, even if we aren’t always safe. With all the complexities that go into our policies, it is import to understand why insurance is important and how it serves us.
What kinds of insurance does your agency provide?
My agency, Olivia Fought State Farm provides auto, home, renters, life and banking products. We are different from other agencies because we have a local office with an individual book of business. We also have State Farm after hours available if there is an emergency. Some companies offer different products and have more of an online or 1-800 number or have independent brokers to quote multiple companies at the same time. Myself and my team only provide State Farm products.
What is a common misconception about the insurance industry?
A common misconception about the agency is that every one offers the same type of coverages with their policies. So it’s hard to compare a policy “apples to apples”.
Why is it important to get insurance?
It’s important to get insurance because everyone works hard for their assets. Without insurance or not enough insurance, one accident or even a sickness or death can be life changing. The scary thing is most people have the mindset that their insurance will cover it. However, until something happens it is likely they’ve never reviewed or made sure they had the right coverages in place.
What advice would you have to someone who doesn’t have insurance?
Advice I would give to someone without insurance would be to sit down with a professional to talk about what is available, whether it is just discussing options or customizing a policy that fits their needs. Whether it’s life insurance or for their home or car it’s important to know what they have access to so they don’t wait until it’s too late.
How can you support the local insurance industry?
As we mentioned above, local agents like Olivia are born and bred in our region.
You can find other local agencies, like the ones listed below, based on the type of insurance needed.
1. Ash Brokerage – Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Disability Insurance and Annuities
2. One Resource Group – Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Disability Insurance and Annuities
3. Lincoln Financial – Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Disability Insurance and Annuities
1. State Farm – Car Insurance, Disability Insurance, Condo, Home, Renters, Pet, Life, Long-Term Care, Motorcycle, Renters Quotes, Small Business, Medicare Supplement, Supplemental Health, Boat, Life Insurance Quotes
2. Allstate– Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Condo, Motorcycle, Business, Roadside, Boat, Motorhome, Snowmobile, ATV, Pet, Event, Landlord, Retirement & Investments, Voluntary Employee Benefits
3. Nationwide– Homeowners, Renters, Condo, Private Client, Flood, Auto, Motorcycle, Snowmobile, Classic car, ATV, RV, Boat, Personal watercraft, Scooter, Life, Pet, Dental, Umbrella, Identity theft, Accident, medical, Specialty liability, Travel, Wedding
4. Lupke Rice Insurance – Home & Auto, Personal, Umbrella, Personal, Farm, Life, Health, Recreational Vehicle, Commercial Property insurance, Financial Services, Coverage for Specific Industries, Coverage for Your Business, Coverage for Your Employees, Commercial General Liability, Workman’s Compensation, Surety Bonds, Professional Liability
5. Rose Insurance Agency – Auto, Boat, Business Owners, Commercial Auto, Commercial Bonds, Crop, Dental, Farm, Flood, Golf Cart / ATV, Health, Home, Life, Medicare, Motorcycle, Pet, Professional Liability, Public Entity, Rental / Dwelling Fire, Renter’s, Insurance, RV / Motorhome, Retirement / Annuities, Umbrella / Excess, Vacant Property, Vision, Wedding, Workers’ Comp