Release from Fort Wayne Veg’n Brew Fest
The first Fort Wayne Veg’n Brew Fest is set to take place at Headwaters Park on Saturday, October 6, 2018. The city will join others from Los Angeles to London in hosting this type of festival.
Through the Fort Wayne Veg’n Brew Fest, attendees will be able to experience a plant-only diet and vegan lifestyle firsthand and learn more about local and regional offerings. Festival-goers will have the opportunity to:
- Sample plant-based (even gluten-free) foods including pizza, burgers, guacamole and chips, noodle bowls, sloppy joes, cheese, chili cheese fries, burritos, pastries and baked goods, ice cream shakes and more
- Tease the palate with complimentary tastings of vegan food
- Visit vegan, fair trade and eco-friendly vendors
- Meet adoptable dogs available through the Allen County SPCA
- Listen to speakers discuss how to help the environment by adopting a zero-waste lifestyle
- Enjoy live music from Alyssa Enright, Kelsie Cotie and Be Colony
- Participate in kids’ activities – yoga, trivia, vegetable gardening, and more
- Listen to children’s book readings from local author Heather Leughmyer
- Learn how to cook plant-based foods through a cooking demonstration by a Fort Wayne plant-based instructor
- Participate in a 30-minute all-levels yoga class taught by Dani McGuire of Pranayoga
- Get questions answered by a panel of local vegans and plant-based activists, including Dr. Kristen Gerhardstein and Black Seed Vegans
- Sip a beer from four local breweries, including Hop River, Junk Ditch, Trubble and Chapman’s
- Try kombucha, tea or Mexican coffee
“We’re excited to invite the public to learn how a plant-based lifestyle can improve their health, lessen their impact on the environment and reduce animal suffering,” said Heather Dahman, festival chair and founder of the Fort Wayne & NE Indiana Vegans & Vegetarians Group, in a prepared release.
The Fort Wayne Veg’n Brew Fest is open to all ages and free to the public (however, fees will apply to beer and foods and goods being sold by vendors) from noon to 6 p.m. A special VIP hour will run from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., which will allow early access to all of the food and vendors for one hour before opening to the public. Tickets are $15, and only a few are still available. At the event, attendees will have a chance to complete a “bingo” card with visits to select vendors and be entered to win a grand-prize package, including plant-based meals from the popular delivery service Sprinly and cookbooks from Ben Bella Vegan Publishers.
The Fort Wayne Veg’n Brew Fest is made possible by generous sponsors who include Mitchell’s Sports Bar, Young Urban Homesteaders, Kaya Organics, the Health Food Shoppe, Foods Alive, the Allen County SPCA, Pembroke Bakery & Cafe, Three Rivers Food Co-Op Natural Grocery& Deli, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, Plant Based University, HD Marketing & Design, 800 Degrees Three Fires, Sweetwater Sound and Granville Insurance.
For more information about the Fort Wayne Veg’n Brew Fest, including a detailed schedule of the day’s events and place to purchase VIP tickets, visit www.fwvegfest.com. Register there, too, to be eligible for a free goodie bag — only a certain amount will be handed out that day — stuffed with products and coupons.